Jupyter Community Calls

This wiki post tracks past and upcoming Jupyter Community calls.

Upcoming Call

To be determined.

What is the Jupyter Community Call?

Think of it as a "virtual JupyterCon". It’s a place to announce and share fun things happening in the Jupyter community. We meet on Zoom (over video) and:

• anyone can attend (for free!) :woman_firefighter:t5: :man_cook:t3: :man_singer:t4: :woman_astronaut:t2: :man_police_officer:t2: 🕵🏾‍♀ :man_technologist:t6: :woman_health_worker:t2: :woman_farmer:t3: :man_judge:t2: :woman_scientist:t4:
  • :framed_picture: anyone can present (add yourself the agenda above)
  • :eyes: anyone can just sit in on the call.
  • presenters will lead a demo and spend a few minutes answering questions
  • topics will be targeted at a broad Jupyter audience (not overly technical)

Watch previous calls from this YouTube Playlist.

For more details, see Reviving the all-Jupyter community meetings.

Previous Calls

December 2023

February 2023

January 2023

November 2022

October 2022

September 2022

August 2022

July 2022

June 2022

May 2022

April 2022

March 2022

February 2022

January 2022

November 2021

October 2021

September 2021

August 2021

July 2021

June 2021

May 2021

April 2021

March 2021

February 2021

January 2021

December 2020

November 2020

October 2019

September 2019

August 2019

July 2019

• No call this month.

June 2019

May 2019

April 2019

March 2019

12 Likes

Also, below is a link to the video of the first sessions.

6 Likes

Great idea! Perhaps we could make the first post a wiki-style post and update it over time?

Similar to:

?

2 Likes

Sounds good to me. How does one turn it into a wiki?

1 Like

done! I think it just needs to be done with somebody w/ the permissions (people get permissions on the site by contributing to the forum over time, or people that are moderators/admins)

I propose that we schedule these meetings for the last Tuesday of each month. (That’s what I’ve had in my mind for these calls). Does that sound good?

That sets our next call to April 30th, 2019 (same time?). I’ll put together an agenda and update the wiki if everyone agrees.

3 Likes

We should also consider the point @clkao raised around the JupyterHub/Binder meetings–alternating meeting times to make these calls Asia-Pacific friendly.

One more thing…

I think we need a place to archive meeting notes and display them in a friendly way (like the JupyterHub team-compass page).

Does something like this already exist for the broader Project Jupyter?

Not that I’m aware. GitHub - jupyter/roadmap: Master roadmap for Project Jupyter is probably closest and it doesn’t seem like the right place for these.

Sounds good to me. I think you should “just do it” as we don’t know how many +1’s we should wait for before taking action. At least I don’t.

I’m a fan of creating storing this on the jupyter read the docs repo (jupyter/jupyter)

2 Likes

:tada: Next Jupyter Community Call :tada:

Tuesday, April 30th, 2019 at 9am PST (see your timezome)

I look forward to seeing you all there!

3 Likes

I think jupyter/jupyter is a good place @Zsailer for now as Chris suggests. We can always move later but it makes sense as a first step.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Reminder that our Jupyter Community Call is happening tomorrow (see your timezone).

Can’t wait to see you all there!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I totally lapsed and won’t be able to attend tomorrow’s call. I posted in the nteract Slack to see if others can attend.

I’ve removed my name from the list of attendees but kept the points I was gonna cover so they can be part of the minutes.

I’ll see you all in May!

1 Like

No problem. Thanks for letting us know! :slight_smile:

:tada: Next Jupyter Community Call :tada:

Tuesday, May 28th, 2019 at 9am PST (see your timezome)

By the way, the Jupyter Community Call now has it’s own YouTube Playlist! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m curious if anyone who attended the Jupyter Server workshop thinks there’s something worth reporting and will be available for the call this month.

I’d love to hear a report back from the Jupyter Server workshop!