Introduce yourself!

Thanks and regards.. .

Sorry am looking help, what is the attributes to extract PDF file from PyPDF2 library in jupyter notebook And whatā€™s the code use to check any attributes in Jupyter notebook.

Hi my name is Raynier van Egmond and I plan to use the Jupyter Books as a basis for interactive textbooks in the field of Machine learning in Earth Observation and Monitoring courseware. As I am stretching the application of the glue tool from MyST-NB I am sure Iā€™ll run into questions to ask the community.

thanks for a superb product that changes the interaction with students globally !!!

Raynier (Seattle USA)

2 Likes

Hi!
My name is Jan, but i prefer to use my nickname online which is spookster.
I am an apprentice for software development in germany and i am doing most of my work on jupyter lab running on archlinux.
Thanks to everybody involved in developing jupyter and I hope I can help/contribute at some point.
Have a nice day!

2 Likes

Hello! Paola here - I teach physics at MIT; we are working on weaving in computational thinking and programming activities to introductory physics classes.

2 Likes

OlĆ” Jupterianos!
Primeiramente, agradeƧo o espaƧo e a troca com vocĆŖs.

Eu sou sĆ³ ser um sonhador. Que acredita na colaboraĆ§Ć£o e que isso pode se espalhar pelo ā€œsistema solarā€ inteiro.

HĆ” muita competiĆ§Ć£o lĆ” na Terra, o que sĆ³ faz mal pro mundo e permite alguns E.Tā€™ manipularem a engrenagem.

Hi everyone! I am a teacher from Turkey! I teach information technologies in a middle school in Turkey. Unfortunately we do not have an IT Lab in our school.

3 Likes

Hi all, Iā€™m Luca. Iā€™m a Data Engineer working in a small company in the Netherlands, whose goal is to help making healthcare more efficient using Data Science.

Pleased to meet you!

3 Likes

Hi - Iā€™m SB. Iā€™m interested in learning Python as a useful language for number crunching in science courses and data sciences. Iā€™ve done a lot of Java programming, but it is not a convenient language for getting and displaying results of computations. I expect to use Numpy a lot. Iā€™m using JupyterLab or Jupyter Notebook online to get started, but having some learning curve problems, particularly the input() function, which I intend to post in the forums.
Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi,

Iā€™m Christof, half employed, half self-employed.
Iā€™m trying to use jupyterlab for teaching kids (?) ā€“ without jupyterhub and kubernetes etcā€¦
I try to stay away from kubernetes et ā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

May as well introduce myself here.

Iā€™m Thomas, from the United States. Iā€™m an IT Security professional on a day to day basis, but I have a large background in linux systems administration and network design and administration, as well as Python coding.

Interests are self explanatory - computers, Internet Security, IT networking, programming - but also video games.

Here primarily when my Jupyter knowledge is insufficient to fix an issue and I canā€™t find any resources that help. I have, however, been using JupyterLab on a few systems (with passwords heh) to run notebooks locally and test notebooks before they go on the Jupyter Hub at work for workā€™s stuff, but alas sometimes things still break going from local lab ā†’ main hub.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Arpita in interest for AI alphafold model analysis via Jupyter-lab.

2 Likes

Hi I have just started studying Python with M1 mac with jupyter on VScode.
iā€™m happy to report to you that M1 Mac is fine to use jupyter.

2 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m Massimiliano, but you can call me Max. Iā€™m an environmental engineer based in Naples(Italy) employed in GIS field. I often use Jupyter for spatial analysis and POC.
I hope that here I can learn about tricks and smart use of all it is related to the Jupyter wolrd :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
I just joined you. I am learning python for remote sensing.

Mustafa

2 Likes

Sorry couldnā€™t find the intro thread, I introduced myself here: Hello + Github PR template

Iā€™m Travis/tmoney and Iā€™m excited to use and hack on TLJH and other things!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m new to the Jupyter Discourse forum, and Iā€™m excited to be here! Iā€™m a novice when it comes to Jupyter, but Iā€™m eager to learn. Iā€™m particularly interested in using Jupyter for data science and machine learning. Likewise, Iā€™m also interested in using Jupyter for teaching and learning.

Iā€™m looking forward to getting to know everyone in the community and learning from all of you. Iā€™m also looking forward to contributing to the community in any way that I can.

Thanks for having me!

3 Likes

Hi. Iā€™m a building scientist and lighting designer who works with simulation. Iā€™m mostly here because I use Jupyter with Julia.

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I SURE a beginner in Programming and Data Science. I am here to acquire new skills.

2 Likes

Hello, everybody. My name is Kurt, and I am a Chief Data Officer with an extensive IT background. I set up JupyterHub some time ago, but now I am trying to add functionality to make it more usable for my team.

4 Likes