Introduce Yourself! - Outreachy Dec 2022 Edition!

Hello Outreachy applicants, and welcome to the JupyterHub project!

You can use this thread to introduce yourself and ask each other questions.

The mentors for this round may be setting office hours for when they will respond to Outreachy-related questions and are listed below.

Mentor Office hours
Sarah Mon-Fri 5-6pm London, UK time

Please note: It is not a requirement to have a local instance of JupyterHub running for the documentation or accessibility projects.

We will be closing the following projects to new contributors on the below dates!

Project Closing date
Improve Accessibility in JupyterHub Monday 24th October (end of day UK time)
Restructure and improve the JupyterHub documentation by implementing the Diataxis framework Monday 24th October (end of day UK time)

If you have already contributed to these projects, please make sure your contributions are recorded and begin your final application on the Outreachy website. If your issue/PR is still open when we close these projects, it will still count as a contribution. Closing the projects will not affect your ability to record contributions and make your final applications.

11 Likes

Hello :wave:,

My name is Blessing. I am a Frontend developer based in Nigeria and I’m looking forward to learning and networking with everyone.

3 Likes

Hello :blush:

My name is Jadesola and I’m from Nigeria. I look forward to making meaningful contributions to the JupyterHub project and learning from everyone.

Really happy to be here

3 Likes

Hi :wave:
My name is Olalekan but feel free to call me Files. It’s really awesome to be here and look forward having eventful learning with everyone.

3 Likes

Hello,
My name is Tammy I’m from Nigeria. I’m really excited to make helpful contribution on Jupyter project. I am eager to get started :blush:.

3 Likes

Hi,
I am Joel Ando an outreachy applicant.
I am happy to be part of this community as contributor to JupiterHub Web accessibility project.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Ngozi from Nigeria. Really excited to be here and looking forward to contributing and collaborating.

3 Likes

Hi, i am Boma from Nigeria a frontend web developer and an outreachy applicant, looking forward to learn and contribute to the team.

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome, Sarah. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi everyone! :wave:t3:
I’m Deborah Udoh, an Outreachy participant from Nigeria.
As an entry-level Frontend Web Developer, I am knowledgeable in HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, Python and React.

When I’m not staring at screens, I’m obsessing over cats and Jack Reacher Novels.

I look forward to making meaningful contributions here. :slightly_smiling_face::rocket:

5 Likes

Hey Everyone! My name is Esther and I’m a Frontend Developer. I am knowledgeable in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and React. I am also a technical writer and I can’t wait to learn a lot more about web accessibility!:dancer:t6:

3 Likes

Hello everyone i’m Benedicta from Nigeria, and I’m a new open source contributor. I’m excited to learn, network and contribute

3 Likes

Hi! Temidayo Azeez here! I am a technical writer and software engineer. I am looking forward to making contributions to the project

1 Like

Hi everyone. My name is Mohamed Hassan, an Outreachy applicant from Kenya. I am excited and eager to start contributing to the JupyterHub Web accessibility project.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am Oyindamola Olatunji, an outreachy applicant. I look forward to working with you all.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Sheila from Nairobi Kenya. Excited to be participating in this contribution period :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone, my name is Inieke Jimmy.
I’m glad to be here. I hope to learn and also make valuable contributions to this Community.

2 Likes

Thank you Sarah.

Hello Everyone,
My name is Remison Joy from Nigeria. I look forward learning and making meaningful contributions to this project.

2 Likes

Hi everyone ! I am Maham Tariq and really excited to join the JupyterHub community … Hope to learn during this process; looking forward to contribute and collaborate…

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, My name is Ngobiri Falyne from Cameroon, i am really excited to join the JupyterHub community. I look forward to making meaningful contributions

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Funke, a technical writer from Nigeria :hugs:
I am really hoping to network and contribute properly here.

2 Likes