As part of a CZI EOSS DEI grant, JupyterHub are hosting a series of Outreachy interns and we are now looking for volunteers to help facilitate the Spring round! (Timeline can be found here: Next Outreachy Round: Call for mentors and projects is open · Issue #612 · jupyterhub/team-compass · GitHub) We are looking for people to fill the following roles:
- Community Coordinator: This person will oversee the process of JupyterHub participating in Outreachy. I served in this role for our current round and will onboard this person.
- Mentors: We have funding for two interns this round, so we are looking for two mentors who can: scope a project for the interns to tackle, scope small tasks for applicants to tackle during the contribution period, answer questions and provide guidance to the applicants during the contribution period, and mentor the successful intern for the 13 week program.
- Contribution Period Volunteers: These people will be extra observant of new questions/issues/pull requests arising in the community during the contribution period (March 6th to April 3rd 2023) and will assist in answering applicants’ questions and providing guidance, in order to share the load with the mentors and community coordinator.
If you are interested in participating as any of these roles for this round, please let me know by commenting here before MONDAY 5th FEBRUARY 5PM GMT. I am also happy to answer any questions in this thread
- Outreachy’s responsibilities and expectations of Community Coordinators and Mentors can be found here: Outreachy | Mentor FOSS interns - Outreachy
- Documentation for JupyterHub specific processes for participating in Outreachy can be found here: Outreachy Internships with JupyterHub — Outreachy Internships with JupyterHub documentation (Caveat: this site is still WIP!)
Thank you so much!