Outreachy Participation Guideiline

Hi everyone, myself Bhavya Tewari! Nice to meet you all! I’m a senior engineering student from India, looking forward to contribute to the JupyterHub Documentation as part of Outreachy. Any advise where to begin? :blush:

Hi @Annosha_aslam, I went through the eligibility rules. It says students in their last term are eligible to apply for both the rounds regardless of the hemisphere they are in. Thanks anyway buddy :blush:

1 Like

Oh that is wonderful. So did you find any clues to where to start contributing/place to start with?

I haven’t really started scraping yet. But I think going through the Contribution Guide would be a good place to begin :smiley:

Hi folks! Great to have you here and your interest in interning with JupyterHub!

You are correct, the contributing guide will be a great place to start. Also, generally checking out the content and structure of the documentation will be good, particularly if you’re interested in the documentation project.

Other sources of information are:

We will also be creating issues for the Contribution Period soon. They will be identified with the outreachy-dec22 label and you will be able to find them at this link: Search · org:jupyterhub label:outreachy-dec22 is:open · GitHub Each issue will have it’s own explanation of what and how to contribute as part of this period.

2 Likes

Hi @sgibson91 Thanks for the guidance and resources! Will go through them and try to contribute to the documentation project. Looking forward to the labeled issues! :blush:

Hi @sgibson91 My name is Temidayo Azeez. I am also an Outreach intern. I am a entry level technical writer. I am currently building my expertise and experience. Open source projects have proved to be one of the best path to achieving that. So I am looking forward to making contributions to Jupyterhub and launching a successful career as a technical writer.

1 Like

Made my first contribution today to the JupyterHub docs and filed a Pull Request. Hope it gets merged! :crossed_fingers:

Thanks @sgibson91 for the guidance and resources! :blush: