Update: city and date set: September 5-8, Oslo, Norway
Simula has an opportunity to host a workshop on JupyterHub and/or BinderHub in Oslo, Norway in September, 2019. This is pretty soon!
The first question is who can/would be interested in coming, knowing that there can be some funding available for travel?
The second question is what should be the focus?
Two broad categories: an outward-facing community workshop with topics like:
- help contributing to JupyterHub/BinderHub/repo2docker
- best practices for reproducibility / building your own binder
- deploying your own binderhub/jupyterhub (e.g. the amazing Binder-on-Azure-button )
Or are more internally-focused sprint focused on new features/improvements, such as:
- implementing Awesome Bar-functionality github, issues
- New build API github
- Performance improvements github
We could potentially try to do both if there are enough folks interested and available. Since this is pretty soon, let’s try to gauge interest and availability and put together a plan fairly soon. If you’d like to / can join for the community workshop, maybe tag with . For the sprint, use , or post comments and questions below.
If we time it right, early September can be prime berry picking season, so a walk in the forest to harvest blueberries (or tyttebær/lingon) can be an option for folks who need a break .