error to download file in jupyterhub - failed - network error

when I click on download some file in jupyterhub, it presents error:

failed - network error

as shown in the screenshot below:

failed_download_file

this problem happens in google chrome and edge, I tested it in firefox and the download went without problem

is there a way to fix this issue or is it a jupyterhub bug?

We’ll need more information before we can help you. For example, are you using JupyterLab or Jupyter notebook, are you running JupyterHub or is it managed by someone else, is this your own computer that you’re in full control of?

Getting good answers to your questions is a good place to start if you’re not sure what to include.

i am using jupyterhub with jupyterlab

it is installed on a host that is part of a cloudera cluster

jupyterhub has integration with AD and with spark from the cloudera cluster

I have full control over the service

Try opening your browser/debug console in all browsers, and compare the logs. Do you see any errors in chrome/edge?

Can you try launching your singleuser server without JupyterHub- do you get the same errors?

accessed jupyterhub with LDAP (AD) account to access jupyterlab

i opened the console option in chrome and clicked on download file in jupyterlab but it didn’t show error in the console when downloading the file

If it’s working now then maybe it was a temporary network/server error?

is not working

when I click on download some file in jupyterlab, it presents error:

failed - network error

as shown in the screenshot below:

failed_download_file

Since it’s working with Firefox it’s most likely something to do with your computer rather than JupyterHub. For example do you have any plugins installed, firewall/anti-virus/security software, or anything else?