MyBinder Taking Over 15 Minutes to Load (if at all)

So I’m having a weird problem with a long running MyBinder instance:

I’ve had this running for months with no problems at all. Today, it’s taking 15+ minutes to load (the Docker image is already built) if it loads at all. Most of the time, it will just stick on `Found built image, launching…"

Things I’ve tried:

1. Different browser;
  2. Different computer on different network;
  3. Force update the repo to force a new build of the Docker image
  4. Clone the repo and and then create a new MyBinder

No dice on any of the above. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would just now start happening?

I am having the very same problem today with all the binders I am trying to run

To second what @zufanka pointed said, it definitely isn’t just you. You won’t be able to fix it. The MyBinder team will need to look into it.

I know they were doing updates last week. However, nothing is posted today.

We have been migrating over to a new GKE project. I’d be surprised if that caused the slow down, but you never know.

1 Like

Looks like we had a rocky patch yesterday. Not quite sure what caused it. Sorry about that.

Just now https://mybinder.org/v2/gh/CT-STEM/Descriptive-Statistics/master had to be rebuilt and then launched for me. So maybe try again now.

So everything is fine right now (4:33PM GMT) but 3 hours ago, I was unable to launch on the same order of time (after 15 or so minutes) as yesterday.

Occasionally I’ll get “Failed to connect to event stream” but am I correct in assuming this is a non-meaningful error related to the log console?

Occasionally I’ll get “Failed to connect to event stream” but am I correct in assuming this is a non-meaningful error related to the log console?

Yes that’s correct. Are you running an ad-blocker? If so we recommend disabling it for mybinder.org

No ad blocker. Safari 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610) on macOS 10.15.6, but the problem persists across browsers when it’s happening.

It’s starting to seem time-of-day related but I’ll keep trying every hour or so and see if I can test that hypothesis.