Binder no longer builds my repository, saying 'failed to connect to event stream'

Just 5 days ago, Binder was working fine with my repository. Now when I tried to launch it after making a few minor edits to my programs, it won’t even start building. It just says, ‘failed to connect to event stream.’ What’s going on? I’m new to Binder, and I read another post on this issue but couldn’t figure out how to apply that to my problem. I appreciate any advice you can provide me on this matter. My repository is https://github.com/V-Talbot/Cystic-Fibrosis-research-analysis.
Thank you!

Usually ‘failed to connect to event stream’ just means a temporary glitch in communication to the log stream. Reloading the page will usually let you reconnect with the build status messages.

I just had your repo successfully build and launch via your launch binder badge.

Thank you for replying. I’ve attempted to reload it several times. Do you recommend waiting a few hours? It occurred to me that although GitHub says it’s updated, it might still be processing my programs.

1 Like

GitHub reports your latest push was about 15 minutes ago. Normally once github has you push, launching will trigger a new build. No need to wait.

As for reload failing, maybe try launching a different Binder repo, clearing cache in browser, or trying with a different browser or device. Or maybe try to change url you are using to connect into a specific notebook? Just sounds like your browser glitched and isn’t capable of catching update.

2 Likes

Clearing my browser cache for the site worked. Thank you very much for your clear, helpful and prompt response. Like I said, I’m new to this site and wasn’t sure how serious this error was.

2 Likes