Introduce Yourself! - Outreachy Dec 2022 Edition!

Welcome onboard Queen

Hello to fellow Outreachy participants who just joined in. Iā€™m sure you might be wondering how to start your contribution.
When I first joined I was clueless then I found this link: Issues Ā· jupyterhub/outreachy Ā· GitHub which basically takes you to all the contributions weā€™ll be making this month.
I hope you find it helpful.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Shan, and Iā€™m from China. Iā€™m currently pursuing an IT degree.

Iā€™m glad to have you here!

Hopefully, I can contribute meaningfully here and we can learn from one another! :blush:

1 Like

Hi, I am Shola an Outreachy Applicant from Nigeria. I am a Full-Stack Developer with experience using HTML, CSS, Javascript, Ruby on Rails, NextJs, VueJS, Nodejs, and Typegrahql in building web applications looking forward to learning more about web accessibility and making contributions.

Hello every, Iā€™m really having trouble understanding what Project Jupyter is all about. If someone can help me out, I will be very grateful.

1 Like

Hi @Betseygeek i believe if you get started with this link, https://www.outreachy.org/apply/project-selection/#jupyterhub you will get leads or better still jump right in into the contributions we are to make this month Issues Ā· jupyterhub/outreachy Ā· GitHub

Hi everyone, my name is Bimpe, it is great to be here, looking forward to contributing and learning from everyone.

Hello @sgibson91,

I looked at https://jupyter.org and List of Official Jupyter Subprojects ā€” Project Jupyter Governance yesterday and I have an idea about how navigation can be improved to make the user experience better. Please can you point me towards its repository and UI component so I can look at the code?

Hi @Poorvaja_Rayas, welcome on board!

Follow this link: Search Ā· org:jupyterhub label:outreachy-dec22 is:open Ā· GitHub It will lead you to the issues for the contribution phase, go through them and pick any of your choice. Note that each issue has itā€™s own explanation of what and how to contribute as part of this period.

2 Likes

Hello Outreachy applicants!

We are repurposing our team meeting next week to be an Outreachy Q&A session!

Instructions

• Please add the topic you would like to discuss to the ā€œQuestion gatheringā€ section of the HackMD
  • If someone has already mentioned your topic, please upvote it with a ā€œ+1ā€
  • Please add your topics to the HackMD by the end of the day on SUNDAY. We will spend Monday prioritising your topics.
2 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Christian Ichebi and I am happy to be a part of this contribution phase!

hello, community, my name is Feyi Ola-ayeni I am from Nigeria. I am looking forward to learning and contributing to Jupyterhub projects.

Hello everyone. My name is Raaymii a front end developer. Itā€™s my first time contributing to an open source project and I hope to connect with everyone.

Hello, Iā€™m Vareen and I look forward to contributing with you

Hi everyone, I am Chioma Otu, an Outreachy applicant. I am a frontend developer and Iā€™d like to contribute to this project

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Rose. Iā€™m looking forward to contributing and learning from this interesting project!

I look forward to meting my fellow contributors and mentors

Hello everyone. If you happened to miss the meeting today on Outreachy QnA session for JupyterHub contributions, hereā€™s a link to the notes. You can have a look at it.

If you were unable to attend this meeting, the notes have been uploaded here: Outreachy internship FAQ

(The original HackMD will be wiped, so donā€™t rely on that!)

2 Likes

Hello, everyone :wave:t5:! Iā€™m Toyibat, an Engineering student, Data scientist in training, Technical Writer and Outreachy applicant. I am here to contribute to the project on Improving JupyterHubā€™s documentation. Itā€™s a pleasure to be here! :grin: