We would love to renew the experience, and would prefer to switch mentors for various reasons. We are thus looking for:
- 6k USD to pay the two interns (we love a company to sponsor that).
- Two mentors per intern.
- A community ‘organizer’ - approves mentors, wrangles payments,
communicates with the outreachy organization
We believe that having actual projects would make it easier to seek funding, and want to at least have possible discussion in public with the input of the community.
As to what we are looking for when participating to outreachy:
- Provide someone with an awesome opportunity to connect with our community, and maybe to increase their skills a bit
- Invite members into the JupyterHub/Binder/IPython community, specifically from a more diverse background than we currently have
- Provide a starting point from which we can hopefully retain these team-members moving forward.
I’m going to stop there as a (re)starting point for the discussion and let other members of the community and contributor that were involve in last year program correct me if I summarised facts incorrectly.
If you have reply that you would prefer to not be public, feel free of course to reach us privately.