CSV file gets uploaded incorrectly

You specifically cut off the right side upper corner that shows the kernel I asked about.

Fortunately for making progress despite not addressing the question, the icon in the far right corner matches the JupyterLite branding you can see here at the main JupyterLite page.

You’ll note that the ‘Status’ on that page with the charge symbols around it is trying to warn you that JupyterLite is very much under development and so consider it experimental. This notice is echoed at the Try Jupyter page. Look for the caution symbols highlighting Experimental.

JupyterLite runs inside the browser on your machine using Web assembly (WASM) to do the computation and so it is more limited by what browser functionality easily allows. Progress is being made to work around these limitations but development takes time. Hence, the warnings.

Thus for troubleshooting what could possibly be happening with your csv file, my suggestions elsewhere already linked above and covered in the bottom paragraph of another recent post on this forum with a similar title are how I suggest you proceed. (IMPORTANT UPDATE: As of March 29, 2023 the problem with uploads greater than 1 mb silently getting truncated has been fixed if you use JupyterLite version 0.1.0b22 and beyond.) Use an actual typical, full-Python kernel based JupyterLab remote session. See if you can drag-and-drop in the csv file from your local machine into a session launched from MyBinder with a typical, full Python kernel backing it.

Using JupyterLab with a typical, full Python elsewhere would also work for troubleshooting.

By determining if the same thing happens there or not, we can rule out JupyterLite/browser abilities limiting upload size to be the issue or not. I suspect given several recent posts related to this, that is the culprit; however, if it is ruled out then we can look into other things having eliminated that as being involved.

1 Like