Uploading a csv

Good morning everyone, I am working on Jupiter Nootebook to analyze some logs. Unfortunatelly I cannot install the application on my PC so I need to work online.
The csv File I’m working with counts 40 000 rows on excel but, when I upload it on my nootebook the rows are only 5 000. Some data are missing and I cannot understand why.
The csv dimension are 4,54 MB. Do you know if there is a limit or what my problem might be? thank you for your help
Cecilia

IMPORTANT UPDATE: The issue with uploads of size greater than 1 mb failing silently in ways that made data seem gone has been addressed as of March 29, 2023 if you use JupyterLite version 0.1.0b22 and beyond. “The effective ceiling is now much closer to some of the limitations of the browser, with files up to 50mb.”

I am wondering if you might be running into this?

You’ll note in the post I referenced the person clearly described what type of situation they have for Jupyter. You didn’t do that in your post above. There’s a lot of ways to use Jupyter while working online, which is all the information you provided in your first paragraph. For example you could spin up a super large cloud computing system from one of the many commercial suppliers and install JupyterLab there and then log into that from your local machine.

If you are using JupyterLite, I suggest you’d have an easier time using a typical, full python kernel online, and not the Pyodide-based one. I detail here how you can use a temporary system served via the MyBinder service to achieve that.

1 Like