Cannot add new unmapped key bindings in keyboard shortcut editor

Hi all,

Up front I am running JupyterLab 3.4.4.

I am a long-ish time user of JupyterLab and I am swapping machines. I want to bring my keyboard shortcuts with me from my old install to my new one. Previously (as described here in this towardsdatascience post) I was able to add them to a dictionary of sorts by their name. This made copying them between installs a breeze as well since I could just copy the whole text input from old to new and save.

However, now that the interface is updated I cannot seem to find the shortcuts I am interested in. Since they are not in the list of commands mapped by default, I can’t change the key they are assigned to. It seems that only those commands that are assigned by default appear in the Keyboard Shortcuts editor. To use some examples: Move Cells Down and Move Cells Up.

I was going to put screenshots here but I cannot because I am a new user. I am hoping I can comment them below the topic.

Am I missing where these shortcuts would be? How can I add new ones? I am not afraid to go digging into a file in the install directory as long as someone can point me to it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Here are the commands as seen in my old install:

And here you can see that they do not show up when searched for in the new install:

Are there any warnings in console when you start up jupyterlab from terminal?

Good question! I think I have stamped them all out. Here is me initializing the server.

No browser warning because this is running headless on a server.

This seems like a bug. Would you mind opening an issue at GitHub - jupyterlab/jupyterlab: JupyterLab computational environment.?