[ANN] JupyterHub 1.0

JupyterHub 1.0 beta is out. You can help us make 1.0 a solid release by testing it out, reviewing documentation of new features, asking questions, etc.

You can test the beta with:

pip install --pre jupyterhub==1.0.*

Check out the change log for what’s new.

Thanks to the numerous folks who have contributed to this release.

Mod edit: JupyterHub 1.0 is now out! https://blog.jupyter.org/announcing-jupyterhub-1-0-8fff78acad7f

9 Likes

ooooh, exciting. been waiting for this… but have so much on my plate that I need to catch up with first. the temptation to play around will be hard to resist…

Do you have an idea of when the dockerspawner implementation will be ready? I use the docker-stacks architecture in my deployment (Math Dept at University of Colorado Denver).

Also, just noticed the date of the changelog post reads 2018 instead of 2019. =)

2 Likes

Good catch! It’ll likely be final in April anyway, since that’s only a few days away. Would you like to make a PR with the correction?

The docker-stacks will update to 1.0 when it is stable, but you can always use:

FROM jupyter/scipy-stack:tag
RUN pip install --pre 'jupyterhub==1.0.*'

to make a custom image that has the latest jupyterhub. DockerSpawner 0.11 which shipped earlier this month should fully support jupyterhub 1.0, including the internal SSL encryption features.

1 Like

Submitted (I’ve never done an edit and PR right through Github, but it seemed simple enough to warrant trying it out rather than pulling a copy locally). Hope I did it right!

And thanks for that snippet! I’ll make sure to try it out (I locked dockerspawner to 0.10 after it broke during a build, saw the suggestion in issues and haven’t gotten around to un-locking it since).

2 Likes

Great news! What is the target version of Z2JH chart for integrating with JH 1.0.x?

That’ll presumably be 0.9 (next major release) since it is in master now.

1 Like

Understood. Thank you!

This looks great :slight_smile: Any idea of how close a full release may be?

Beta testing has gone well, I think it’s ready for release this week or next.

2 Likes

JupyterHub 1.0 is out now!

3 Likes

just to clarify, if I change
jupyterhub/jupyterhub-onbuild:$JUPYTERHUB_VERSION
to “1.0”, it’ll work?