Warnings in the DevTools

I have noticed warning messages in DevTools while using JupyterLab 4.1.5. Despite this, the functionality of JupyterLab appears unaffected. Would it be possible to receive some guidance or insights on the reasons behind these warnings?

These warnings are there because you have an extension installed which was built against an older JupyterLab. It might or might not work with the current version of JupyterLab. What is the output when you run jupyter labextension list in the terminal?

Thanks, Michał. I have a Python environment with only JupyterLab installed (no other 3-rd party extensions). Below is the output

You do have third-party extensions installed in the environment from which you run JupyterLab when taking the screenshot, for example it mentions jupyter-leaflet. One possibility is that there is some mixup in environment path, or that you have some extensions installed globally.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. The screenshot in my original screenshot refers to another Python environment. For my environment with no other 3-rd party extensions, the warning message is below. I was trying to use this relatively fresh environment to identify the issue.

After I manually deleted the folder “jupyterlab_pygments” within “share\jupyter\labextensions”, the warning message became below

Could it be related to this line in the file “jupyterlab_pygments\package.json”?

Good catch, that line should not be there as the following should take care of it now:

I think that these hooks in package.json need to be deleted. Would you like to open a pull request for jupyterlab_pygments?

1 Like

Michał, I am unsure if there is other related doc/code to edit. I reported it in the extension’s GitHub Issues.

1 Like

Thanks!

For reference: This library caused version mismatch warnings in jupyterlab 4.1.5 · Issue #42 · jupyterlab/jupyterlab_pygments · GitHub

1 Like