Use online version of Jupyter

i want to know if it is possible share notebooks on github,without saving them on my local device?
ETL(eager to learn)

Are you asking for others to be able to run them actively?

If so, the easiest is to use MyBinder.org to get a full, typical Python based kernel. Or even kernels for other languages, such as R. (Example for R-based notebook is here.) You can go there and click the ‘launch’ badge next to ‘JupyterLab’. You can make very complex environments in the resulting sessions using configuration files. For example, this Gist repository allows cutting-edge versions Jupyter offerings (Jupyter Notebook 7+ and JupyterLab 4) with Plotly already installed. Users get temporary Jupyter sessions where they don’t need to login or install anything. The URL of the launch links can be customized to launch particular notebooks. The cutting-edge one launches with no notebook open, whereas the first one I linked to launches with a particularly notebook open. You can share the links anywhere because they point the MyBinder infrastructure where the files are located and it knows how to use them to make an image that it then uses to launch a session configured with what is needed and what has been chosen to be the entry point.

You can also use JupyterLite to offer active notebooks via GitHub. This has the advantage over MyBInder that you don’t need to be dependent on a remote computer instance being spun up or a Docker image being built. However, the Python computation kernel, pyodide, is less feature-rich than a full Python kernel at this time. You can see how to get started using it with GitHub here. Keep in mind things change fast in the JupyterLite and Pyodide area right now as this is very new and developing actively.
On a related note there is Voici that allows one to share apps based on Jupyter notebooks based on JupyterLite. See more about this here and here. It is the web-assembly based version of using Voila via MyBinder to share .ipynb files as apps.

Just looking to share a rendering of a previously run notebook?

If it was just sharing that ‘static’ version you can point nbviewer at your .ipynb file and it will render it. The nbviewer rendering is less busy and more welcoming for users not familiar with codring than GitHub’s rendering. I put ‘static’ in quotes because some javascript-based content will remain interactivity. See an example of a notebook shared via nbviewer here where the play control widget still works to play an animation. There’s other types that work in the nbviewer rendering while not being supported by GitHub still. The nbviewer links can be shared. There’s a form on the main page to produce the links, and for standard places such as GitHub there is a pattern you can learn so you can draft the URL links yourself.

1 Like

thanks alot fomightez.
have to try what u suggests.
i am on very first steps of the long everlasting road…

Along those lines, I should have also included mention of nbgitpuller, too. It allows you to distribute links to notebooks hosted in a git repository that can open for user in active form. Combined with MyBinder, it lets you have a notebook stored elsewhere, say a gist, and use a separate repository as the one that specifies what it is installed. nbgitpuller can use a URL to bridge them together so that MyBinder session the user gets an initial session that opens with the notebook from the gist with the environment specified by the configuration files from the other repository. There is a form in the documentation that can be used to help construct the URLs, it’s called the ‘nbgitpuller link generator’.
nbgitpuller can do more to help you share and distribute notebooks.