Unable to run selenium on Jupyter Notebook (MasOS, Catalina)

Hello
I am unable to run selenium on Jupyter notebook, where Anaconda is my python distribution platform. However, I am able to run selenium using the Python IDLE Shell 3.9.1 and use the Chromedriver in this shell.

This is what shows in jupyter notebook:
! pip3 install selenium

Requirement already satisfied: selenium in /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages (3.141.0)
Requirement already satisfied: urllib3 in /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages (from selenium) (1.26.4)

Then when I execute this command, I received an error that selenium is not a module.

import time
from selenium import webdriver

ModuleNotFoundError Traceback (most recent call last)
in
1 import time
----> 2 from selenium import webdriver

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘selenium’

Please assit and thank you.

Have you tried the following in a cell in the Jupyter notebook in place of your outdated installation command:

%pip install selenium

It is best in a notebook to use the %pip install and %conda install so that installations happen in the correct environments that the notebook uses. See the very bottom of this reply for a link to related information on those new magic commands that make life much easier. Adding the exclamation point sends it out to a shell which looks in your case to be using your Mac Python and not the Anaconda installed environemnt, it seems.

4 Likes

BROTHER!!
Again you have come with simple amazing solution to my problem. That absolutely fixed my problem. Thank you again!

1 Like

hello my issue is not solved it shows again the same error with %pip install selenium

Thank You Brother
Problem solved :v: