Text duplication glitch in Jupyter Notebook via pydroid

I am very beginner at python. I am using Jupyter Notebook through Pydroid 3. I am using firefox as my android brower.

My issue is that Jupyter Notebook randomly becomes glitchy such that it randomly repeats/duplicates the same text while typing the code. Also, once it starts duplicating the backspace button won’t work properly to delete thr duplicated text, it will further add more text and delete radomly. This issues persisted even when I triesld different browsers on my android.

I have used Jupyter in 2022 on the same phone and never had this issue, I have deleted the app in 2023 and just recently reinstalled. I tried deleting the data/cache and reinstalling pydroid ans jupyter but without any luck.

Here is an example, as soon as I hit the letter ‘t’ at the end of the word ‘randomint’ it automatically added a 2nd “randin=randint”

Can someone help me please? :tired_face: I am just starting my journey and finding thid extremelyannoying. Thank you in advance!

Do you have autocompletion enabled? It might be a manifestation of issue related to Should we remove partial completion on cycling? · Issue #15130 · jupyterlab/jupyterlab · GitHub

I have autoreplace turned off. My androids keyboard never autocomplete words anywhere else except on Jupyter notebook.

Very strange issue :confused:

The JupyterLab 4.2/Notebook 7.2 will come with upgraded editor version which solved a number ofissues related to typing in mobile devices. Hopefully this will ultimately resolve the problem for you, though I had no means of testing it.

2 Likes

I just saw this notification now. Will check and see. Thank you for your valuable reponses!

I re-installed pydroid 3 and installed Jupyter library from there, assuming it would fetch the latest Jupyter Notebook. The typing duplication error is still there unfortunately.

Looking forward to more updates to resolve this :frowning:

JupyterLab 4.2/Notebook 7.2 were not relead yet. Out of curiosity, can you check which version pydroid3 installed?

1 Like