No PDF export via menu

Hi there

I’m experiencing an issue with JupterHub and JupyterLab where I’m unable to export files to PDF via the File > Download as or File > Export Notebook As... options.

Through the CLI and also within notebooks I can run !jupyter nbconvert --to pdf ... to convert, but not from the menu itself. When selected via the menu, a new tab opens up, but no prompt to download appears like the other options - the page remains blank.

I’ve tried with both nbconvert installed system-wide and within one of the kernels, but this hasn’t resolved the issue. All other export options work without an issue.

I’m currently running this on a CentOS 7 install, and as a result had to install texlive2020 as the version in the CentOS repo is considerably out of date.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I could check to see why this isn’t working as expected?

This is the closest issue I’ve seen to the problem. but I’m not sure if the jupyter_notebook_config.py file configuration is compatible with the jupyterhub-config.py file I have.

I’ve entered the below lines, pointing to both the full path to each binary and just the name (not at the same time) as I have the containing directory to the system path, but this doesn’t appear to resolve the issue. Both xelatex and pdflatex have been tried as well.

c.PDFExporter.latex_command=['PATH_TO_LATEX_INSTALL', '{filename}']
c.PDFExporter.bib_command=['PATH_TO_LATEX_INSTALL', '{filename}']

Thanks!

Unfortunately, everything exports now, but I don’t have an answer as to why - sorry if anyone encounters this in the future. If the reason as to why it now works comes up, I’ll update again.