Need Help - JupyterLab - translations-extension REST API '/lab/api/translations/en' failing - 401

Hello Experts,
I am trying to update my JupyterLab deployment to 3.0-levels. I had to include the translation-extension since some of the other extensions were failing in the absence of this one. I was seeing a bunch of these error:

index.es6.js:299 Error: No provider for: @jupyterlab/translation:ITranslator.
    at JupyterLab../node_modules/@lumino/application/dist/index.es6.js.Application.resolveRequiredService (index.es6.js:205)
    at index.es6.js:155
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at JupyterLab../node_modules/@lumino/application/dist/index.es6.js.Application.activatePlugin (index.es6.js:155)
    at JupyterLab../node_modules/@lumino/application/dist/index.es6.js.Application.resolveOptionalService (index.es6.js:254)
    at index.es6.js:157
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at JupyterLab../node_modules/@lumino/application/dist/index.es6.js.Application.activatePlugin (index.es6.js:157)
    at JupyterLab../node_modules/@lumino/application/dist/index.es6.js.Application.resolveOptionalService (index.es6.js:254)
    at index.es6.js:157

Now i have this translation-extension in place, i see that it is not being instantiated in the ServerApp logs. This is since the REST API request from the extension to fetch, what is presume, is the english language pack is failing with a 401-status.

GET : /lab/api/translations/en?1612990278989

This does not have the ‘Authentication’ header and fails with 401.

I figured out the token is fetched from Jupyterlab/coreutils.PageConfig.getToken() which is returning an empty string for the translation-extension.

Is there a way i can ensure that the CoreUtils API gives a valid token which gets me past this issue. I see other requests going out to the same jupyter-server having a valid auth-token, for example:

GET : /lab/api/settings?1612990277341

Includes an ‘Authentication’ Header.

If nothing else is there an easy way to completely skip past this translation flow for now. It is not essential for me and i included it in the first place to resolve other dependencies which seemed to need this extension. This has been taking me a long time to debug. Any help to make progress is really appreciated.