Jupyter Not Finding Folders

I have a github project that I cloned to my home pc, but when I try to open it with Jupyter it only detects a file from very early on in the project before I did any of the work.

I can’ t find the same file that Jupyter is finding in my folders and jupyter can’t seem to find the folders that I have in my file explorer. I’ll attach pictures to explain.

If you look at the picture there should be way more files in there. In fact, there should be folders with the projects that I’m trying to complete and then I can drill down those folders to the jupyter doc. But for some reason all I get is this jupyter doc of the project several different github commits ago. Jupyter is seeing something totally different than what is actually in my file explorer.

I’d post pictures, but new users can’t post more than one photo. I can’t for the life of me understand why Jupyter is seeing something completely different than what file explorer is seeing.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Hi @direnc88

A couple of followup questions:

• Are you running Windows, Mac, Linux, or ?
  • How did you install Jupyter Notebook? Conda, pip, from source, etc.?
  • If you click on the folder named “..” what do you see? This should take you to your home folder. Does this match your file system?

My hunch is that you may be starting the notebook server in a different location than you expect.

My apologies, I solved this problem later that night and I didn’t remember to delete this post.

I thought I was starting the notebook server in a fairly high up file system so that I could access most file. From where I was I could access almost any file on my pc. Long story short: MS OneDrive has really thrown me off and I’ll need to look further into how my files are set up.

Sorry to bother you.

1 Like