Introduce yourself!

Welcome to Jupyter . :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Iā€™m Olivier, from Switzerland.
We are using JupyterHub for students in some courses around AI topics we are teaching.

Thanks all for the great work.

ā€“
Olivier

4 Likes

Hello all,

Iā€™m Pablo, from Spain. I use Julia and Jupyter inside vscode, which I think is fantastic. I formerly used Mathematica a lot, so Jupyter is so very familiar and useful. Amazing work.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi I am Arun, trying to setup learning environment.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Marouen, I am using JupyterHub to build netbooks (netbooks.networkmedicine.org) for bioinformatic analyses. Thank you all to those who contributed to Jupyter project, it is really making a difference in our work!

Marouen

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m Nate and I work in machine learning, geophysics, and medicine. Have been using Jupyter for several years, and now trying to set up a JupyterHub server for a geophysics research group.

4 Likes

Hello all. I am Swarup E, I have been using Jupyterhub from so long for data science applications. Currently trying to implement binderhub for one of the use case.

3 Likes

Hello ! :wave:
Iā€™m just trying to figure out how this community works.

Seems friendly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi there!
Iā€™m PPF, new to machine learning and data science, and I plan to mostly use this forum to ask for help. ^^

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

Iā€™m computer scientist with interests in Math, Data Science and Science in general.
I like to work on interesting problems and sharing some knowledge/communicating with others.

Curiosity drives my days and Jupyter is the tool to satisfy my thirst for knowledge.

My hobby projects are:

Cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi everyone. My name is audrey and I like to learn Python, thanks.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone, I am Daniel. This is the second year I am using project jupyter. Currently, i am enjoying using jupyter lab. Today is the first day I know about this forum and I signed up immediately for an account. I live in Singapore.

3 Likes

Hi! I am joining to get help in setting up JupyterHub for my team to use.

2 Likes

Hi community members- my name is Vishal. I am new to this forum. Just stopped by to say hi. I am an aerospace research scientist studying gas flow around re-entry capsules using computational methods. I use Fortran and Python languages in my research. I started using Jupyter in 2019 and since then I have been a big fan of the Jupyter ecosystem. I educate the academic community about Jupyter through my tweets.

Looking forward to staying connected with you all.

3 Likes

Hello
My name is Aldo, Iā€™m an electrical engineer working on smart infrastructure.
I use Jupyter to generate self updating reports using big data analysis to study behavior of buildings and towns
Very happy to be here !

3 Likes

My name is Bill. I am a retired computational scientist from the American national labs. In retirement I can pursue my interests in computational modeling of fluid turbulence without the burdens of a daily job. I am rewriting some older methods in python and am investigating Jupyter as an electronic notebook. The math and physics have not changed during in my career, but the tools to explore them are so much better now.

3 Likes

Hello, everyone, Iā€™m Michael. I work on the dynamics of nonlinear systems and signal processing at the Zhejiang University of Technology in Hangzhou, China. I use Jupyter to collect self-contained notes and examples.

3 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m Jeff!

Iā€™ve been a programmer/developer/software engineer for 20 years now, working in a variety of industries and languages. Most recently I have been doing government and aerospace defense contracting for Collins Aerospace, the National Weather Service, and the Environmental Protection Agency! Iā€™ve primarily done web development in interpreted languages like Python, Perl, PHP, and Javascript but Iā€™ve also done a lot of workplace automation, statistical reporting, database programming, and general scripting.

Iā€™ve been working in High Performance Computing environments the last 2 years and my current assignment is working on JupyterHub for a large scientific computing cluster.

Looking forward to learning more and contributing to the project!

3 Likes

Hi,

Just your friendly neighborhood IT person responsible for making a variety of FOSS things work for the college. My ā€œactualā€ job is managing our infrastructure team, but as the designated person who can spell Linux I get sucked into supporting campus wide deployments of things like Jupyter Hub and various other similar things.

Thanks in advance for letting me pick your brains. Hopefully I can return the favor and be the pickee rather than the picker.

ā€“ Bob

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Michi.

I finished my mastersā€™ degree in computer science at FAU last year.
Iā€™m currently employed at the newly founded FAU Competence Unit for Research Data and Information (CDI) as a ā€œcomputer science all-rounderā€.

The CDI would like to offer access to JupyterLab for teaching to the whole university (40k students). Similar to what Nicolas M. ThiƩry is trying to achieve in France.

Iā€™m currently struggling with deploying a JupyterHub on a OKD (4.10.0-0.okd-2022-03-07-131213).

3 Likes