Impossible to install an extension

Hello,

I have successfully installed jupyterlab-execution-time extension on a computer (jupyterlab desktop v3.6.3-1), however on the second computer I can’t with the issue: Jupyterlab version must be >=3.4.6 and <3.5.

So I try to download the only version compatible of jupyterlab desktop: [v3.4.6-1].

However for some reason there is no extension manager icon on the left side panel and I don’t find any other way to install it.

Could you please help me, either by help me using extension manager on the 3.4.6 or by solving the issue on the 3.6.3-1?

Also, when I try to update the jupyterlab-execution-time on the computer that is working, I have: Error when performing an action.

Reason given:

Error: ERROR: Could not open requirements file: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpolqch0cd’

in fact this folder does not exist, if that can help

Thanks a lot

When you run the command ‘jupyter --list’ does it list extension manager?

I’m wondering if you need to manually install it

1 Like

I’ll tell you when I’ll got the second computer back.

However it doesn’t seem to achieve the thing you want in the one that work.

It gives me:

Jupyter: Interactive Computing

positional arguments:
  subcommand     the subcommand to launch

options:
  -h, --help     show this help message and exit
  --version      show the versions of core jupyter packages and exit
  --config-dir   show Jupyter config dir
  --data-dir     show Jupyter data dir
  --runtime-dir  show Jupyter runtime dir
  --paths        show all Jupyter paths. Add --json for machine-readable format.
  --json         output paths as machine-readable json
  --debug        output debug information about paths

Available subcommands: console dejavu events execute kernel kernelspec lab labextension labhub migrate nbconvert
notebook qtconsole run server troubleshoot trust

Please specify a subcommand or one of the optional arguments.
1 Like

My bad, turs out the command is ‘jupyter labextension list’,

when I run it, It shows @jupyter-widgets/jupyterlab-manager v5.0.10 enabled OK (python, jupyterlab_widgets), which tells me I have this extension manager installed.

If you find it then next step would be to check if you enabled it in the app. I would go to settings → settings editor → extension manager and click on enable checkbox (this is for the latest version, menu options might be different, depending on the version)

something like this: