Hi, I am getting this launch error every time I am trying to open Jupyter Notebook through anaconda. I even tried to reinstall anaconda which didn’t help. Can someone help here in this community?

Hi, I am getting this launch error every time I am trying to open Jupyter Notebook through anaconda. I even tried to reinstall anaconda which didn’t help. Can someone help here in this community?
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\pc\anaconda3\envs\THEMOVIEDATABASE\Lib\site-packages\notebook\traittypes.py”, line 235, in _resolve_classes
klass = self._resolve_string(klass)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\traitlets\traitlets.py”, line 2018, in _resolve_string
return import_item(string)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\traitlets\utils\importstring.py”, line 31, in import_item
module = import(package, fromlist=[obj])
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘jupyter_server.contents’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\pc\anaconda3\envs\THEMOVIEDATABASE\Scripts\jupyter-notebook-script.py”, line 10, in
sys.exit(main())
^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\jupyter_core\application.py”, line 280, in launch_instance
super().launch_instance(argv=argv, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\traitlets\config\application.py”, line 1051, in launch_instance
app = cls.instance(**kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\traitlets\config\configurable.py”, line 583, in instance
inst = cls(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\traitlets\traitlets.py”, line 1294, in new
inst.setup_instance(*args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\traitlets\traitlets.py”, line 1337, in setup_instance
super(HasTraits, self).setup_instance(*args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\site-packages\traitlets\traitlets.py”, line 1313, in setup_instance
init(self)
File “C:\Users\pc\anaconda3\envs\THEMOVIEDATABASE\Lib\site-packages\notebook\traittypes.py”, line 226, in instance_init
self._resolve_classes()
File “C:\Users\pc\anaconda3\envs\THEMOVIEDATABASE\Lib\site-packages\notebook\traittypes.py”, line 238, in _resolve_classes
warn(f"{klass} is not importable. Is it installed?", ImportWarning)
TypeError: warn() missing 1 required keyword-only argument: ‘stacklevel’

You’ll see here that error (No module named 'jupyter_server.contents') is posted as an issue and has suggestions for fixing it. (There’s also here and here that probably would come up when you are searching that first ModuleNotFoundError error that comes up. You may want to peruse the contents, especially in light of my next paragraph.)

Related: The first occurrences of lines starting ‘File’ in that traceback indicate you’ve mixed and matched and made things complex on your system. The first one links to the Anaconda distribution as the source and the next two are independent of Anaconda. Mixing-and-matching like that can make things harder going forward.

1 Like