Dummy Authentication With Password Not Work

Hi, there,

I follow up below link, trying to put a simple user access by enabling username and password. However, it just didn’t work. Anyone can use any name without password to login. I even redeploy the whole JupyterHub but still not working. Is there anything missing, or should more work needs to be done?

hub:
config:
Authenticator:
admin_users:
- user1
- user2
allowed_users:
- user3
- user4
# …
DummyAuthenticator:
password: a-shared-secret-password
JupyterHub:
authenticator_class: dummy

By the way, I described the single user pod, and found below environmental variable:
JUPYTERHUB_ADMIN_ACCESS 1

Thanks for the help!

Hi! Markdown lets you format code blocks using a triple backticks, see: Extended Syntax | Markdown Guide
this is particularly important for and code/configuration involving whitespace!

What version of Z2 JH are you using, and what commands did you use to deploy/update it?

Thanks @manics! In fact, my configuration is correctly formatted. The code snippet I pasted in my previous post is not in good format because of copying/pasting. I exactly followed below example:

We are using the stable version 2.0.0. (aka, JupyterHub 3.0.0).

We are using HELM to do the deployment, the command likes below:
helm upgrade --install jupyterhub -f values.yaml -f ./values-dev.yaml --namespace=xxxx

Thanks!

@manics Good morning, Simon,

Any findings about why the dummy authentication with password not working for 2.0.0? Really appreciate your and all others help!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Good morning, Simon,

Any findings about why the dummy authentication with password not working for 2.0.0? If it’s an issue, do you want me to report as an issue?

Thanks!

I can’t see any issues. Can you try redeploying it from scratch in a new K8s cluster, and paste the exact commands and configuration files that you’re using?

Found out the issue. After replacing tab with space, and redeploy, it works now. Thanks for the help and sorry for the false alarm : - )