Over the months it seems like one way to split the potential use-cases for Binder are:
- For scholarship. E.g., as a way to highlight and share a final research / data science product.
- For research and collaboration. E.g., as a part of the research process as opposed to something that happens only at the end.
I’d love to hear the community’s thoughts on number 2. (to be clear, I think 1 is super important, but is perhaps more obvious than number 2)
How do folks envision Binder being useful within, for example:
- Cycles of data analytics and research for an individual
- Providing access to large-scale research tooling (e.g. HPC, cloud system) *above and beyond a JupyterHub)
- Assisting with collaboration and sharing within research teams during the research process
Doing a bit of thinking around this will help the Binder community find opportunities for new development, and will also help us make a pitch to those who are interested in helping the project.