Binder/BinderHub Workshops -- Help Wanted!

That’s fantastic news @takluyver! We’d love to have you at the Sheffield workshop and happy to book your travel and accommodation. Could I get you to post your requirements to this issue and we’ll take it from there.

Look forward to seeing you in March :+1:

1 Like

@annakrystalli Sorry about the badly delayed response. :frowning_face: I can make the to Sheffield on the 18th of March and help out if you still need help.

Hey everyone in this thread! I just wanted to also apologise for the super delayed reply.

I think we’re good for help now, but we’re low on participants - in fact I’m pretty sure the helpers outnumber participants 2:1 :laughing:

(To be fair, we’re all figuring stuff out too, so it’s not like we’re all going to be experts siting around together! I’m pretty confident we all have a lot to learn and to discuss!)

If you know anyone in the UK or Europe who would be interested in building a BinderHub then please ping them the eventbrite link (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/build-a-binderhub-registration-55336756729) and a link to our gitter channel (https://gitter.im/alan-turing-institute/the-turing-way) and we’d love to chat with them to see if it would be useful for them to come :smiley:

(We have some money to support travel and childcare costs as needed :hugs:)

Here’s our agenda for reference:

9.30 - 10.00: Registration, coffee and introductions
10.00 - 10.30: Introduction to the workshop and The Turing Way
10.30 - 11.00: Introduction to Binder and why you should build a BinderHub
11.00 - 12.00: Practical session – Build your BinderHub
12.00 - 1.00: Lunch
1.00 - 2.45: Practical session – Build your BinderHub
2.45 - 3.00: Coffee
3.00 - 4.00: Looking forwards: Progress review, lessons learned and future strategies
4.00 - 5.00: Optional hangout with instructors

Thank you again SO MUCH to everyone who’s volunteered to help, and of course to the Binder Team for building and training us on the whole darned thing :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’d recommend reaching out to librarians and see if they or anyone in their network is interested!

Interesting! We have two librarians on the team (@rosiehigman & @pherterich) and they’ve definitely promoted Binder for researchers…but I hadn’t thought about inviting librarians to Build a BinderHub! We can definitely try harder on that front. Would be amazing to have some folks interested in long time archiving come along :space_invader:

1 Like