Update Custom Template Logo

Hi,

I have deployed BinderHub with a custom logo. It worked very well the first time. But now I want to update the logo and nothing happens after helm upgrade. And yes the source repo image and template is updated :slight_smile: Any ideas?

This issue comment may help. It’s a workaround, but it seems that helm upgrade doesn’t play nicely with initContainers (which is how custom templates are injected). You could also run kubectl delete pod binder --namespace NAMESPACE to force the binder pod to reload. (I think the binder pod is the correct one to reboot. If not though, try the hub pod.)

Hi,

Thanks. I just wanted to investigate if I could avoid deleting the namespace (this also means new IP and new setup etc.) - it seemed a bit cumbersome, but it was my last go to place in the case of no better solution came up. I also stumbled upon the issue you link to, but to me it seemed strange that such a bug would be present i this newer Kubernetes version (1.18) and secondly I didn’t really get his structure of the “solution” :smiley: