Unable to see any JupyterLab extensions

When using JupyterLab, no extensions are shown in the Discover section of the Extension Manager tab and none appear when I search for anything.

I have the Extension Manager enabled in the Commands tab and have node.js installed as the documentation says. Any ideas why this is happening?

I’m on JupyterLab v1.2.6

Did you give it enough time to load them? Is it possible your system has some security block?

To compare and contrast in a place where it works…
If you browse to here and click on launch binder, presently you get version 1.2.6 like you are using.
Next if you click on Settings > Enable Extensions Manager, Enable and then do what you show in your screenshot, after some time, you’ll see the extensions listed. It takes quite a bit of time for the list to load and update. Both the first ones and then the ones under ‘Discover’. (I toggled the ‘Discover’ arrow closed and open, and then it loaded. However, I don’t know if that was coincidence and it just had finally finished updating.)

1 Like

Toggling did the trick!

Trying that binder project worked fine, the extensions loaded. The Discover ones didn’t until I had toggled the arrow closed and open for me as well. So I went back to mine, closed and reopened the menu, and all the extensions appeared. I don’t know if that was a coincidence for me too but I left the page open all day so it definitely had enough time to load. Maybe it just needed refreshing.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

For the record…
It seems it is fixed in version 2.1.2 at least. I had no trouble accessing it in a session launched from here just now, which presently launches JupyterLab version 2.1.2.