The JupyterLab spellchecker extension received a few improvements recently, including:
- alternative themes for highlighting misspelt words (wavy underline, dotted underline),
- better compatibility with alternative frontends (statusbar and command palette no longer required)
- language can be now changed from the command palette
- bug fixes specific to issues in German dictionary
- better performance when changing language
- you can install it with pip for JupyterLab 3.0 (Node.js is no longer required )
The extension repository was moved to the new GitHub organisation: GitHub - jupyterlab-contrib/spellchecker: Spellchecker for JupyterLab notebook markdown cells and file editor.