I’ve been trying to pick apart different ways of setting up a secondary application in MyBinder, using OpenRefine as a target, in part because it can be used as a headless application, accessed via a Python client library, or as a GUI driven app.
The various branches off https://github.com/psychemedia/jupyterserverproxy-openrefine/ demonstrate:
- autostarting and running headless;
- autostarting and running via a crappy proxy link, as well as launching into OpenRefine directly using ?urlpath=openrefine;
- using jupyter server proxy:
- with a setup.py config that supports launching from the notebook New menu;
- with a traitlet config that supports launching from the notebook New menu;
- with a traitlet config that supports launching from notebook New menu and from an OpenRefine icon/button in JupyterLab launcher.
Are there any other ways of riffing with an application in MyBinder/repo2docker that I’ve missed?