Thank you for your reply.
My environment? Well, I am sure that you mean something very specific. I would be happy to provide you information of a specific nature.
In general, I am running ubuntu 16.04, but the jupyter notebook is running on a xilinx based development board. The Ultra96V2. I can open up terminals on the development board.
According to the documentation for this project, which I got here https://github.com/Xilinx/BNN-PYNQ/
this project was supposed to run once I logged in via a browser after establishing a wireless link, which I have done.
Yes, I can see a number of jupyter notebooks. When I attempt to run one from the browser, I have issues.
What I did was to open up a terminal and convert the ipynb file to a py file. By running the py file I am now able to get most of the project to work. So, I can establish that the hardware on the development system is functional to this point. I got it to work by moving the file in question to a higher level in the directory tree, than was mentioned. This, to me, is a clue but I can not determine what the clue means. By moving the .py file to a higher directory I was able to determine that it could “find” the module in question that it was “barfing” on before (that is a technical term).
However, I did the same thing for the .ipynb file (moving it up to a higher directory) and yes, it found the module in question but the python kernel “hangs” at a certain point, whereas it did not in the .py execution of the project.
So, I am sure that changing the directory is only a partial solution. Where to go from here I am not sure.
Please ask for any specific information that you want.