Python Getparameters

How does Jupyter handle getparamaters? I would assume it can’t actually find the parameter. I am writing a script tool for Arcgis pro and only have access to Jupyter.

Hi @Newbie_here

Welcome to the forum. Could you explain a bit more about what you want to do? What do you mean by getparamaters?

Do you have some example code you can show us?

Well first I need to apologize for a typo. I meant getparameter. It is a python argument that allows for user input. spatial_ref = arcpy.GetParameter(0)

I assume you mean Jupyter notebooks from that first part of that question? Assuming your ‘Jupyter’ install is typical, the environment in which you are running the notebook also has access to straight Python if that is easier for you than the notebook interface?

If you are using JupyterLab or the classic notebook interface, you can run Python in the terminal if you prefer. In the classic interface, you’d click on the Jupyter icon in the upper right to get to the dashboard. From the dashboard, you can use the New drop-down menu on the top right side to choose a new terminal window. You can run a Python script there. For JupyterLab, you launch the terminal from the main pane or use File > New from the main menu to launch a terminal window.

There seem to be quite a few resources showing how to use arcpy in notebooks if you search arcpy jupyter notebook online and do want to stick with using notebooks.

1 Like