Keyboard shortcut conflict

Hi guys,

CTRL-F is a shortcut for finding both in the browser and in the notebook running in it.
How can I resovle this conflict?

Thanks!

Can you clarify how in usability this is a conflict in functionality?
In Chrome on my Mac both are Command - f. However, it isn’t an issue. When you use the command with the notebook in focus then the notebook intercepts the command and uses the feature-rich find ability in the notebook. If I click in the browser, in another window that isn’t JupyterLab and type Command - f, I get the browser-based Find avility. If in the JupyterLab pane, I want the browser ability, I can use the menu to select it. This should be happening in your Windows system, too?

Optionally, you should be able to adjust the shortcuts in JupyterLab to be what you want, see here and transpose the advice to the shortcuts you want to adjust.

Thanks fomightez! When I use CTRL-F on my Chrome browser on my Windows PC, it activates the browser’s search window, which does not “see” any of the code in any of the Notebook’s cells. What I need is that, when I am using a Notebook, the browser’s search window will be suppressed so that when I use CTRL-F it will activate the Notebook’s search instead.

I wonder if this is about this issue? The person who started it doesn’t put if it is on Windows or not. Maybe it is not system-related and I’ve tried a different version than you?

I haven’t tried on Windows. Is there any extension you have active? If so, try the command in the notebook after inactivating them.