Jupyterhub openshift with no S2I capability

Hi All

I have searched lot in google but couldn’t find answer.
we have openshift infrastructure available, but only limited functionalities.
in that we’re not allowed to use S2I but only able to boost container via jenkins and run oc command there(jenkinsfile).
problem we have now is we can’t even download jupyterhub image from quay.io due to security vulnerabilities by our company.
so I am asking what’s special for that jupyterhub image dedicated for openshift images.
can I configure by myself from offical jupyterhub library(we can install from conda forge channel)
with kubernetes capability that will work for openshift?

Many thanks!
Wallace

This is the source for the Z2JH hub image: zero-to-jupyterhub-k8s/images/hub at 8c50c8e57f9effb2177d313bb822eb8c972fc8fd · jupyterhub/zero-to-jupyterhub-k8s · GitHub

You should be able to modify and rebuild it yourself if you can’t download the image.

Thank you for pointing that out. I will try that way!

Is there any special configuration need to be considered for open shifts platform If I built it by my self? Just curious if you know anything as I haven’t used Openshift before

OpenShift has stronger security restrictions than plain K8S, so you’ll have to disable some optional Z2JH features that require elevated privileges.