Jupyterhub-deploy-docker maintainer/update?

I have been trying to work with jupyterhub/jupyterhub-deploy-docker and I notice that there is little activity on the repo in the last few years. There are several open PRs with no responses from maintainers, and open issues also seem to go unresponded to. There are two notable forks which are more up-to-date; one from HighPerLab and the other from LCAS.

Is this repo no longer maintained? Should I be using the littlest jupyterHub server instead?

Unfortunately that repo is a bit lacking in maintenance as you’ve noticed. If TLJH fits your needs then use that, but there’s no reason not to use one of the other Docker deployments if you’ve checked it’s suitable. A lot of valuable JupyterHub contributions come from the wider Jupyter community, and if one of those other projects work please share your experiences here, it’ll help others!

I was drawn to jupyterhub-deploy-docker because it uses docker-compose. Kubernetes is a tech I have yet to dive into and running on bare metal w/ systemd isn’t ideal.