JupyterHub Community Call, August 2019

Hey all - we’ve got another JupyterHub community call coming up this week! This is a place to discuss topics with the JupyterHub community and share interesting new things you’re working on.

Meeting details

The August meeting will be held next Thursday.

That’s Thursday, August 15th, 2019 at 7AM UTC (or your timezone).

• Github Issue here.
  • Add items to the agenda here.
  • Meet us on Zoom (video conferencing) here
  • :movie_camera: :clapper: we will record the meeting for those who can’t make it.

These calls are open to anyone, so please join us! We love seeing new members on the call.

Thanks @Zsailer. Could you please confirm the posted time? I’m thinking you meant to post a TZ of PDT.

The JupyterHub/Binder team meeting alternates between early in the European day (the case in August) and late in the European day (September). So I think the posted time is correct.

This way people from Asia/Australia can join the call. Generally the expectation is that people from California won’t join because it is in the middle of the night. Vice-versa in September.

@kevin-bates the time posted is correct. As @betatim mentioned, we’ve been alternating times each month to allow community members from the Asia/Australia timezomes to join the meetings.

You can find the discussion here.

Great - thanks for the explanation. Makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

I’ll be in the US, so will likely miss this one.

1 Like

I’ll miss this month because of timezone, but I look forward to seeing everyone next month!