Jupyter Annual Survey Results

Just came across 2020 Jupyter survey. Great initiative.

Did we conduct similar annual surveys in the past? If yes, do we have the past aggregate survey results accessible anywhere? Thanks.

2 Likes

It’s been a few years since we ran a survey, but here is a repo with some data from previous surveys.

3 Likes

It’s great to hear someone is interested in this. I’ll link the results for the current survey here once it’s closed in case they don’t end up in that repo!

1 Like

The last one was in 2015. It was mostly open ended text fields, so it is challenging to aggregate, but I spent a night with it and pulled out these themes:

1 Like

Following up on my previous comment, here are some resources for the results as we work on making this a part of the JupyterLab 4.0 roadmap.

• The survey data and analysis notebook in jupyter/surveys
  • An issue breaking down the analysis in the above repo. jupyterlab/team-compass #121 This would also be a good place to reach out and discuss the survey if you are interested.

Thanks again for everyone who took the time to participate!

Hello, I was wondering if there are plans to run the survey again and if there is a way I can help.

Thank you very much for this effort and for providing the data.

Have a great day!

Hi there! While I certainly can’t speak for the whole community, I’m not aware of any current plans to run another survey.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that there can’t be a survey run in the future. If you are interested, the most important first steps in my book would to be to

• start communicating your interest across communities
  • set some clear, well-scoped goals you have for a survey

Let me know if I can be more help or get you connected.