Jedi Autocompletion disappears after typing the first word

I would like the autocompletion window to remain as I type the first letter.

Now, after I type the first letter, the window is closed as you can see in the video.

I wonder if there is a configuration to keep the window open since the very first moment that I press the tab key.

1 Like

This looks like something that needs to be improved in a future release. I will add it to Completer public API refactor wishlist · Issue #9763 · jupyterlab/jupyterlab · GitHub.

In the meantime you could use jupyterLab-lsp with the following completion settings:

{
        "continuousHinting": true,
        "disableCompletionsFrom": ["LSP"]
}

demo

I mean you could keep the LSP completions, which are also using Jedi underneath if you install pylsp, but since you specifically asked about the default auto-completion, I added the demo with LSP completions disabled.

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks you so much for your response, very clarifying :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

PD: which app do you use for the keys to appear on the bottom right corner? :grimacing:

1 Like

key-mon. It may require an install directly from the git repo, as the last time I checked the version shipped in distros did not work with the latest GTK, but it’s worth the trouble.