How to set No text wrapping in Jupyter from docker stacks image

Hi everybody,

I am using docker container jupyter/pyspark-notebook from https://jupyter-docker-stacks.readthedocs.io/.

I am really trying to make it stop wrapping text in code cells. All the posts I found try to enable this, while I am trying to disable this setting - for me this is really counterproductive, it messes up all the tables outputs.

I am trying to add nbconfig/notebook.json file which looks like this

{
  "MarkdownCell": {
    "cm_config": {
      "lineWrapping": false
    }
  },
  "CodeCell": {
      "lineWrapping": false
    }
  }
}

I added the file to jupyter config but there is no effect, my outputs are still wrapped. There was a trick which worked - to change css settings in the webpage directly (with F12), but this is really a wrong way to do this especially in container.

Maybe JupyterHub settings are somewhere in a different place? Or for JupyterLab I need to use something different?

If you are overriding default JLab settings, either change the setting in Advanced Settings and save the user preference, or use the system overrides.json file: see https://jupyterlab.readthedocs.io/en/stable/developer/extension_dev.html?highlight=settings#extension-settings.

Thanks. I missed advanced settings, now I tried setting line wrap to false everywhere, unfortunately there is no separate settings for code cell output area.
Also it looks like a problem between PySpark and Jupyter. After converting Pyspark to Pandas it outputs it with no wrapping, so I will be using this method.

Hello,

I am trying to add text wrapping in Jupyter lab, however, the GUI does not appear to offer this setting and the nbconfig, overrides.json, and page_config.json entries of

{
  "MarkdownCell": {
      "lineWrapping": true
    }
  },
  "CodeCell": {
      "lineWrapping": true
    }
  },
  "Cell": {
      "lineNumbers": true
    }
  }
}

have been ineffectual. How can text wrap, and line numbering, be specified as the default Jupyter lab settings like in Jupyter Notebook?

Thank you :slight_smile: