How to pass Ctrl+S to the Terminal while keeping its functionality of "Save" for notebooks?

Is there a quick fix to let the Terminal emulator in JupyterLab accept the Ctrl + S key-combination? For now, while I’m in a terminal session/tab, pressing Ctrl+S doesn’t trigger any event. I tested it by running showkey -a as suggested in this post, and pressing Ctrl+W/A/S/D one at a time. Here is what logged in the terminal session (in Vivaldi):

$ showkey -a                                     

Press any keys - Ctrl-D will terminate this program

^W       23 0027 0x17
^A        1 0001 0x01
^D        4 0004 0x04

Also, does the following greyed out Save item explain why the Ctrl+S events weren’t registered to the terminal emulator?

PS: To the best of my knowledge, Vivaldi is the only browser that permits the use of Ctrl+W in the terminal. This is a huge plus for using Vim in the Terminal for moving across panes.

One temp solution is to launch the Terminal session from Juptyernotebook. Combined with Vivaldi as the browser, both Ctrl+W and Ctrl+S now work as intended.

To make the terminal occupy the full width and height of the page, I used User CSS to load the following simple CSS:

.container {
    width: 100%;
}