Execution hangs up in Slice

Hi,

I am new to JupyterHub. I was trying to execute the code that upgrades the Kernel to enable the use of BBR v2. However, the execution hangs as can be seen in the attached screenshot. It just hangs there, no further messages or errors. I have been stack here for two days, please help.

Thanks and regards.

It seems quite unlikely this is related to Jupyter, so I’m not sure this is the place to ask. It’s also very difficult to debug issues that are almost certainly in your setup.sh script, without seeing it.

Can you execute any command, e.g. hostname, or do all commands hang? If simple commands work, it’s something in your setup script, possibly waiting for input. If simple commands don’t work, it’s something in your node.execute_thread() setup that’s not actually working. Both of which are really outside the scope of this forum.

Thanks for your reply. The other commands work when I stop the current command. And the following is the code that I am trying to run:

#!/bin/bash

sed -i ‘s/nameserver/nameserver 2a01:4f9:c010:3f02::1\nnameserver 2a00:1098:2c::1\nnameserver 2a00:1098:2b::1\nnameserver/’ /etc/resolv.conf

apt-get update && apt-get -y upgrade
apt-get install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r)
apt-get install -y build-essential make zlib1g-dev librrd-dev libpcap-dev autoconf automake libarchive-dev htop bmon vim wget pkg-config git python-dev python3-pip libtool openvswitch-switch-dpdk iperf3
pip install --upgrade pip

wget https://workflow.isi.edu/Poseidon/fabric/kernel-+v2alpha+a23c4bb59e0c+FABRIC.tar.gz2
tar --no-same-owner -xzvf kernel-+v2alpha+a23c4bb59e0c+FABRIC.tar.gz2 -C /
cd /boot
for v in $(ls vmlinuz-* | sed s/vmlinuz-//g); do
mkinitramfs -k -o initrd.img-${v} ${v}
done
update-grub

Let me know if you could find whatever I am doing wrong.

I don’t know. My guess is if you can get the partial output before the job is done, you’ll see what’s wrong.