Create a JupyterHub

Hi All,

I am planning to create a site with Jupyter hub where people can come and write code and develop projects. So i should setup a hub. So i should follow the steps in this. Installing on Google Cloud — The Littlest JupyterHub v0.1 documentation
or
should i use this? Zero to JupyterHub with Kubernetes — Zero to JupyterHub with Kubernetes documentation

There is a guide for this here.

It is linked from this informative blurb here:

The Littlest JupyterHub - A simple JupyterHub distribution for a small (0-100) number of users on a single server. We recommend reading When to use The Littlest JupyterHub to determine if this is the right tool for you.

2 Likes

Ok got it. @fomightez I got one more query. I need to implement something like this in split screen.

https://projects.datacamp.com/projects/33

One side with the jupyter notebook ? how can i implement that one? any inputs?

Have you looked at JupyterLab’s workspaces? See #3 listed here.

Normally, this demo opens with side-by-side related windows like you seek.
However, right now there is an issue that they don’t seem to work, see here. This older demo still works like it is supposed to so you can get a feel for how things should be working. (The docker container it works with may have built a long time ago with the older components in place.) Hopefully, workspaces will be fixed soon as others have pointed out among the linked issues for doing demonstrations, arranging windows the right way open opening is kind of important.

UPDATE: Maybe workspaces work via MyBinder sessions if you try on a fresh machine or in fresh browser? See discussion going forward from here. But maybe are in JupyterLab 3 or specific versions of JupyterLab 3? There is a caveat about the current ‘Try Jupyter’ JupyterLab example not working with the work-around or solutions that have worked elsewhere to resemble a fresh launch, see the ‘Caveat’ description here, which may suggest it is JupyterLab 3 or specific versions of JupyterLab 3 that do indeed have workspace issues.

@fomightez While implementing the The Littlest JupyterHub(with Google Cloud Platform - Installing on Google Cloud — The Littlest JupyterHub v0.1 documentation)After setting it up and domain mapping i am struck with the Enabling HTTPS (Enable HTTPS — The Littlest JupyterHub v0.1 documentation) I used this doc. Its asking to run a certain codes

But where should i run this?

Those are shell commands. Note the sudo at the start and see here about it. You connect to the remote Google instance via ssh, see here, and then run those commands on the command line of the remote machine after you have connected to it from your local machine.

2 Likes