0.5 G for memory limit?

Hi,
I understand 1G is the default for a new jupyterhub instance. Can it be lower than that? I tried putting 0.5G as a value and it failed. Maybe I’m doing it wrong or it is not possible?

It should be possible - maybe you need to specify in MB instead of G if it’s less than 1?

I tried 400M and it gave me the same error.

Spawn failed: (422) Reason: error HTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({'Audit-Id': '29c6da8e-0dbe-4c38-8f78-290801305456', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'Date': 'Thu, 20 Jun 2019 00:45:38 GMT', 'Content-Length': '488'}) HTTP response body: {"kind":"Status","apiVersion":"v1","metadata":{},"status":"Failure","message":"Pod \"jupyter-rabraham\" is invalid: spec.containers[0].resources.requests: Invalid value: \"1073741824\": must be less than or equal to memory limit","reason":"Invalid","details":{"name":"jupyter-rabraham","kind":"Pod","causes":[{"reason":"FieldValueInvalid","message":"Invalid value: \"1073741824\": must be less than or equal to memory limit","field":"spec.containers[0].resources.requests"}]},"code":422}

hmm, maybe the thing to do then is to open an issue on the Z2JH repository mentioning that there’s no documentation how how to specify an amount less than 1 for this page:

http://z2jh.jupyter.org/en/latest/user-resources.html#set-user-memory-and-cpu-guarantees-limits

maybe we can surface a solution that way

I recognize the error message to be saying that your limit value must be larger or equal than your request/guarantee value.

In practice, configure both and make limit be higher or equal to the request/guarantee value snd all with be good i think.

/ quickly from mobile