Using nbviewer as a means for sharing notebooks among authenticated users

Hi,
I have a jupyterhub instance with authentication provided by keycloak.

My intent is to allow authenticated users to share their notebook with each other. So user1 can send some link1 to his notebook nb1.ipynb to user2. user2 can paste the link1 in his browser and see the notebook(need not edit or run it). An unauthenticated user should not be able to see the notebook if he has link1(not a strong requirement if link1 has some kind of hash like content in it’s link and thus, it’s difficult to guess it).

Our requirements are on prem, no outside access, with restricted access to the notebooks by department and preferably no git knowledge or git account creation. The idea is to make sharing seamless.

The repo for nbviewer mentions:
" You can run the viewer as a JupyterHub 0.7+ service. Running the viewer as a service prevents users who have not authenticated with the Hub from accessing the nbviewer instance."

Does this mean that an user2 can access a link1 provided by user1 in some kind of nbviewer page? If so,

• what would link1 would be in this case if for e.g the notebook for user1(rabraham) is http://localhost:30100/user/rabraham/notebooks/Untitled.ipynb

Hi! I know this thread is over a year old, but I’m looking to do something very similar to this. Did you end up making any progress on this?

Thanks!

sorry, no progress :frowning: