Server Connection Error

I get the following message:
“A connection to the Jupyter server could not be established. Jupyterlab will continue trying to reconnect…”
How can I fix this problem?
Thanks

1 Like

do you still have this problem?

I have the same problem.

“Server Connection Error
A connection to the Jupyter server could not be established. JupyterLab will continue trying to reconnect. Check your network connection or Jupyter server configuration.”

I’m facing a kind of similar issue originally posted here.
I’m running jupyter-lab on aws as a remote server and accessing it via my local pc.
When I try to access jupyter-lab via browser on my local pc by typing the public ip of the remote server, I usually get the following error:

This site can’t be reached "remote server dns" refused to connect.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

What’s bothering me is the fact that if prior to vising the public ip or dns of the remote server where jupyter-lab is running, I fire up a terminal on my local pc and simply ssh into the remote machine where jupyter-lab is running (nothing else) then all of a sudden I visit the url of the remote jupyter-lab server on my browser and everything seems to be working fine.

But the moment I close the ssh connection or terminal running the ssh connection to the remote machine then I no longer get any reponse from jupyter-lab by vising the url or its public ip on the browser.

Please @kirk , actually link all cross-posts. You waste people’s time if multiple people give the same answer in different locations. For example, that text ‘here’ I quoted could have easily been linked to your original post at StackOverflow. Likewise link the OP Stackoverflow post here so you and others with the problem can follow the discussion and possible path to a solution later.

1 Like

is there like timeout item config to set?
I have same program