Select remote notebook from Hub

Hey, I am looking for some guidance. I was wondering what the correct way of handling my issue is. I have access to a login node with Jupyterlab installed. From there I would like to sometimes select (I figured this would happen in the Hub Control) other nodes (because they have GPUs and specific Environment tools installed) which are behind a firewall. I found the ssh port forwarding solution which works fine, but I would like to not bother with that mostly for mobility reasons. I have found SSHspawner should do what I want but at least according to the GitHub is just a demo and has very little documentation. I installed it according to that documentation, but I get Bad Gateway error. Before I spent more time, I was hoping you could tell me if I am on the right track. I also found the Gateways, but I don’t think they do what I want. Any keywords or examples I can look at would be greatly appreciated.

Have you heard of Jupyter Enterprise Gateway — Jupyter Enterprise Gateway 3.0.0.dev0 documentation and would that setup maybe be of help for you?

1 Like