Started working on my data and it was so, I logged out to sleep. Today I’ve exhausted my efforts to proceed with the work but I kept receiving this error
The error message in the image you sent indicates that the file you are trying to open is corrupted. This could be due to a number of factors, such as a power outage, a hardware failure, or a software bug.
To try to fix the problem, you can try the following:
- Try opening the file in a different program. If you can open the file in another program, then the problem is likely with the program you were originally using.
- Try opening the file in a read-only mode. This will prevent the program from making any changes to the file, which could potentially corrupt it further.
- Try using a file repair utility. There are a number of file repair utilities available, both free and paid. These utilities can attempt to repair corrupted files, but they may not always be successful.
- Try restoring the file from a backup. If you have a backup of the file, you can try restoring it from the backup. This is the most likely way to recover your data without losing any information.
If you are unable to fix the corruption, you may need to discard the file.
Here are some additional tips for avoiding data corruption:
- Use a surge protector to protect your computer from power surges.
- Regularly back up your data to an external hard drive or cloud storage service.
- Keep your software up to date.
- Avoid opening files from unknown sources.