I have this very annoying problem working with Jupyter notebooks or JupyterLab notebooks (both have the same problem). Whenever I want to type in a cell, I try to click in it and I have to wait minimum 5 to 10 seconds for the cursor to show up and I can type a few characters. As soon as I hit enter to go to a newline, the same problem happens again. Finally, when I want to run the cell, even for simple code like “print(1)”, I have to wait another 5-10 seconds for it to complete.
I tried the following:
- Clear all cell outputs, refresh the page and try.
- I upgraded to the latest Jupyter version on python 3.7.x and I’ve tried to use different browsers (I.E., Firefox, chrome) without any impact.
- Restart the notebook, no effect.
- Tried both the barebone Jupyter notebook or JupyterLab notebooks. nothing changes the problem.
I am running with:
- WinPython distribution winpython-3.7.4sp2 amd64
- Jupyter 1.0.0
- jupyterLab 1.1.4
Thanks for any suggestions